Biography, Daniel L. Johnson
Teaching, September-December, 2018
1) Insect Biogeography and Ecology, GEOG4030/ENVS4000
2) Biogeography, GEOG2090
Teaching, January-April, 2019
1) Geographical Data Analysis, GEOG2700,
Room C756, Tu Th 0925-1040, Instructor: Prof Dan Johnson
Labs: Contact Department of Geography. Room E640, Tu 1505-1620; 1630-1745
2) Current Events in Environmental Science, ENVS4000,
Room TH204 (Turcotte Hall), Tu Th 1340-1455, Instructor: Prof Dan Johnson
Independent Studies: to be arranged with an instructor;
students make the request; deadline early January
Recent and current graduate students (D. Johnson, supervisor):
Qing Xia (successfully defended)
Stephanie Watson (successfully defended)
Martha Astorquiza (successfully defended)
Sejer Meyhoff (work in progress)
Piratheepa Jegatheeswaran (starting January, 2019)
ENVS500 | First Nations Transition Program, Environmental Science
ENVS4000 | Sustainable Development and the Environment
GEOG3075 | Environmental Resources Management
GEOG 2700 | Geographical Data and Analysis
GEOG 2090 | Biogeography, and Lab
Other Recent Courses:
STAT 3850 | Design and Analysis of Experiments
ENVS 4000 | Impacts of Climate Change, Outline: Student Independent
- Potential role of pollen and pollinators in the spread of blossom blight of seed alfalfa caused by Botrytis cinerea
- Priming with a double-stranded DNA virus alters Brassica rapa seed architecture and facilitates a defense response.
- List of Orthopteroid Insects of Canada, with Common Names (Authoritative review of 278 species in Canada, with 30 new common names)
- Controlling of cyanobacteria bloom during bottleneck stages of algal cycling in shallow Lake Taihu (China).
- Stay and Issues Decision: Gull Lake Water Quality Management Society et al. v.Director, Central Region, Operations Division, Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development, re: Delta Land Co. Inc.
- Gull Lake Water Quality Management Society et al. v. Director, Central Region•Operations Division, Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development, re: Delta Land Co. Inc.